We are an active, fun and kind family based in Calgary, Alberta (Scarboro, SW). We are looking to hire a part time, live-out nanny to care for our 14 month old twin boys (start date negotiable).
● Responsible for changing diapers, bathing (occasionally), clothing, and feeding our two boys
● Prepare and cook healthy meals for the children
● Plan and schedule age-appropriate activities that promote and support the physical, social, emotional and cognitive development of our children (i.e. telling or reading stories, teaching songs, providing opportunities for our children to create art, music, and supporting them with their physical development, etc)
● Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of our children
● Open communicate with parents
● Other duties as required
● Light housecleaning
● Children’s laundry
Note: household responsibilities are secondary. Care responsibilities will always take precedence.
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will be a fun, outgoing and kind person. They are willing to go the extra mile, take pride in their work, and are honest and reliable. We will be able to count on them to do what they say they will do or communicate changes to us early. Preference will be given to the candidate that fits into our family culture and possesses the qualities and values that align with our own. Must be okay with pets, we have a small dog and cat.
● Experience working with children 0 months – 5 years old
● 2-5 years experience working as a live-out nanny in Canada (preferred)
● Fluent in English (written and spoken)
● Spanish speaking would be a bonus!
● Valid class 5 driver’s licence, clean driving history and own vehicle (preferred, but not necessary)
● Must be willing to complete a full criminal background and vulnerable sector check
● Must be willing to provide two professional references from previous employers
● Must be certified in First Aid/CPR, or be willing to obtain certification (we would pay for this)
If you are qualified and interested in working with us please reach out with your resume and a bit about yourself. We will be competitive with pay and added bonuses. Negotiable start date for the right candidate, but ideally ready to start asap.
Looking for part-time, 1-1.5 days during the week day and occasional evening or weekend shifts available as desired. Days of work can change and be flexible.
Looking forward to hearing from you!