I am currently an Educational Assistant with the Catholic school board (OCSB). I work with children with special needs and pride myself on being one of the most empathetic, patient EAs at the elementary school I work at. I am looking for a job where I feel safe during this pandemic and I am looking after children, for July and August. I have about 12 years of working with children of all ages.
Of course during the summer months and when there’s no school, I usually do some form of childcare with the board but with the pandemic, it’s a different story this year. My partner and I are also trying to have a baby as well so it is important I feel safe, with minimal risk. I also own a good vehicle as well, have certified first aid and my criminal records check done from the school board.
I really look forward to introducing myself - I think we would be a great match, where we would be comfortable and feel safe during this difficult time period.
All the best,
Teacher’s Ed Stream – Trent University September 2014 – April 2016
Sociology Honours BA, Carleton University September 2016 - Dec 2017
GPA: 10. 0
Computer Proficiency Skills Developed:
● Proficient using Software such as: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)/Google Drive programs
● Proficient using Apple Software (iTunes, MAC Operating System) and PC systems
· Educational Assistant at OCSB September 2019-present
o Supervised and worked with children with exceptionalities (for example attention deficit
hyperactive disorder, Angelman’s syndrome, children with autism, etc. )
o Helped children in the classroom setting
o Helped students understand lessons further in detail
o Assisted the teacher with marking tests, assignments, and other school related activities
· Extended Day Program Facilitator at OCSB March 2019-September 2019
o Provides active and engaged supervision to children between the ages of 4 – 12 yrs in the before and after school programs.
o Provides opportunities for children that help to support physical, cognitive, emotional and social development.
o Following the program philosophy of a relaxed, warm and safe environment, I would help to nurture and support children and their families.
· City of Ottawa, Saturday Social Program, Special Needs Program Leader Sept. 2016 - January 2017
o Organized programs for adults with varying learning disabilities including trips to museums, crafts, fairs, etc.
o De-escalated situations when clients were agitated with a calm demeanor
o Ensured safety of clients was prioritized
· City of Ottawa, Dance Instructor (Jazz & Ballet) Sept. 2016 - November 2016
o Choreographed separate one hour Jazz and Ballet dances and activities for children from ages 3-5
o Assisted children with separation anxiety feel comfortable with other children by working with children’s parents to help their child adjust to the dance classroom setting
· City of Ottawa, Camp Counsellor May 2016 - August 2016
o Lead children from ages 5-14 and a staff of camp counsellors and organized the weekly camp’s schedule including away trips and activities in the facilities
o Maintained appropriate ratios for staff to children to ensure their safety was prioritized
o Intervened when bullying took place and whenever necessary
· Teaching Assistant at OCSB January 2011-June 2011
o Through Co-op with St. Gabriel’s Catholic Elementary School in Kanata, Ontario in 2011: Assisted with teaching units, creating lesson plans for poetry and the arts curriculum to Grade 5 class as well as working closely with a child with behavioural issues due to the toxic home environment in kindergarten classrooms)
CERTIFICATIONS AND AWARDS
· PECS Training Level 1 Certification date: April 17, 2020
· Canadian Red Cross First Aid + AED Certified Level C Expiry date: March 16, 2022
· CORE Training, City of Ottawa; Expiry July 9, 2017
· SAFEGUARD, City of Ottawa; Certification date: June 30, 2016
· HIGH FIVE Training for City of Ottawa: August 2016
· SHSM Diploma June 2013
· WHIMIS Training: All Saints Catholic High School, Training for SHSM Diploma, and Farmboy training, City of Ottawa, various companies
· The Ottawa Men’s Refuge (nonprofit organization for male victims of IPV) - - Sept. 2017 – December 2017
· Taught three grades 1-3 classes hip hop dance in Hong Kong, China – Hong Kong Renaissance College
· Alpine Ski Instructor – Pakenham Ski Resort; taught children, (ages 6-10) how to ski – certification in 2008-2009
· Member of Peer Leadership Program at All Saints Catholic High School 2011
Teachers education stream program
Bachelors of Arts degree in Sociology