Full Job Description
Hiring HCA'S in SE of Calgary.
Alivio Care is a private home care company seeking qualified Health Care Aide’s with a passion for caring and enhancing lives. Alivio is Caring and Changing lives of seniors, adults and children within Calgary and surrounding areas in a variety of care settings. If you are looking for a challenge and to continually grow your skills we encourage you to apply:
Alivio Care is currently looking for Health Care Aides with open availability that drives and has reliable car.
The Successful Candidate Will Be Responsible For:
· Assisting clients with activities of daily living such as feeding, personal care, lifts and transfers, bathing and toileting.
· Perform delegated tasks for which delegation training will be provided such as catheter care, suppositories, applying non-sterile dressings and implementing physiotherapy and occupation therapy ROM routines.
· Provide medication reminders and administration in accordance with established policy and client-specific delegation.
· Assist with grocery shopping, meal planning and preparation
· Perform light housekeeping duties as outlined in client Care Plan
· Observe client and their environment, documenting daily and reporting unsafe conditions, behavioural, physical and/or cognitive changes to Care Manager
· Maintenance of Daily Activity Record providing basic information regarding clients activities of daily living, housekeeping, meal planning and preparation, outings, etc.
· Accompany client on outings, appointments, shopping, leisure activities
· Perform other related duties as assigned
· Participate in ongoing Alivio Care workshops and training
· Participation in Alivio Care community events when requested, upon mutual agreement
Qualifications and Skills Required:
· Must be able to read and communicate effectively
· Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
· Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to drive a minimum of 30km within Calgary and/or surrounding areas
· Strong time management skills with the ability to work under strict time constraints
· Must be able to operate related equipment
· Must have current First Aid & CPR Certification
· Must have recent Vulnerable Sector and Criminal Record Check or be willing to obtain within 48 hours
· Must be a graduate from a recognized Health Care Aide program in Alberta
· Medication Administration Certification is an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Monday to Friday
Ongoing need to fill this role
Employer reviewed job 5 days ago
Posted 30+ days ago
30+ days ago