My name is Anita. I am married and a mother of two grown children. I am a happy, kind, considerate, compassionate, patient, reliable, responsible, and a trustworthy person. I can offer many years childcare and homemaker experiences to provide comforting care for children and/or elderly people.
I was born, raised, and educated in Canada. I had worked in the banking and accounting industries for many years before becoming a full-time stay-at-home parent for two children with special needs. For the past ten years, I have run a small eBay Store, and also selling wholesale items on Kijiji. From May 2019 to September 2019, I worked as a part-time grounds-keeper along with babysitting my employer's child on an occasional basis. Additionally, I was also babysitting for another family with two young children. From September 2019 to October 2020, I worked on a frequent to occasional basis for a family assisting them with care for their two young boys. From October 2019 to March 2020, I looked after an elderly lady and also assisting her daughter on Mondays, Wednesday, Fridays, and Saturdays during the day. From May 2020 to September 2020, I worked as a part-time grounds-keeper and also provided care for my employer's child who has special needs on a frequent basis. Additionally, in June and July, I was babysitting another child on an occasional basis. From September 2020 to June 2021, I provided childcare for a young toddler on a full-time basis (10-hrs per day) on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. This past Summer, I again worked as a part-time grounds-keeper along with care for my employer's child who has special needs on a occasional basis. Since September 2021 to present, I am employed as a full-time nanny providing childcare for an infant and providing additional support when needed for a toddler with special needs (Note: my current position will be ending on May 27, 2022). I also take care of the family dog. When requested, I have helped families with dog and cat sitting.
My hobbies include gardening, baking, and jewelry making. Prior to Covid, I volunteered at the Islington Community Church to provide respite care for children with special needs to support their families.
1) From September 2021 to present, I am currently employed as a full-time nanny providing childcare for a young infant and providing additional support on occasion looking after a toddler who has special needs. (Note: my current position will be ending on May 27, 2022)
2) From September 2020 to June 2021, I provided childcare for a young toddler on a full-time basis (8am until 6pm) on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
3) From June 2020 until September 2020, I provided childcare of an 10-year old boy on a frequent basis, and most recently again from June 18 to June 30, 2021.
4)From September 2019 to October 2020, I provided childcare for two young boys from a frequent to an occasional basis.
5)From June 29, 2020 until July 09, 2020 I provided childcare for a 10-year old girl in addition to also looking after another 10-year old boy from another family.
6) During the Summer 2019, I did occasional babysitting for a toddler and her sister for one family and a young boy for another family.
7) From May 2019 to February 2020, I volunteered one Saturday each month during the afternoon to late evening looking after children with special needs to provide respite for their parents.
I have excellent tutoring strategies to help children (including children with learning disabilities) with their homework or enhance their learning.
I have a college business (majoring in accounting) diploma. I also went to Ryerson Polytechnical School part-time in the evenings for three years taking business courses to upgrade my skills.