I am a mother, with three kids, two teenagers, and one younger child. I have worked with elderly persons and young children, caring for and providing support to children with special needs. I love adding value and helping lighten the burden of caring for kids with special needs.
Care giver - Warm Embrace Elderly Care - Kitchener
- A compassionate professional that enjoys supporting people with diverse needs such as adults, children, and youth with special needs, through the delivery of quality mental health services in a milieu setting
- Strong knowledge surrounding various mental health illnesses such as Cerebral Palsy, Alzheimer’s, Dementia, and Emotional and Physical restrictions.
- Interpersonal expert; proven ability to cultivate positive, trusting relationships with residents and their families by employing sensitivity and strength-based methodologies.
- Possesses sound judgment and decision-making skills and superior crisis intervention abilities; takes all required steps to ensure a safe work environment.
- Articulate communicator focused on building strong relationships with community agencies, co-workers, and patients.
- Provide for the safety of patients with mental health illnesses, self, and others in compliance with all applicable legislation, regulations, and standards of practice.
November 2003 to
February 2004 National Youth Service Corp, Abuja. Nigeria
Home Care Provider
• Maintained a clean and well-organized environment for client happiness and safety.
• Dressed, groomed and fed patients with limited physical abilities to support basic needs.
• Helped clients stay happy and healthy by providing mental and emotional support.
• Improved patient outlook and daily living through compassionate care.
• Ran errands for clients and drove to appointments to maintain wellness and support daily living needs.
• Supervised medication administration, personal hygiene and other activities of daily living.
• Prepared high-quality nutritious meals for patients to promote better overall
health and improve eating habits.
• Developed strong and trusting rapport with patients to facilitate smooth, quality care.
• Helped transition patient between bed, wheelchair and automobile to provide safe mobility support.
• Assisted with client personal care needs to foster independence and well- being.
• Tracked and reported clients' progress based on observations and conversations.
• Organized and administered medications on schedules to alleviate symptoms and improve quality of life.
• Reported concerns to nursing supervisor to promote optimal care