Hello! I am Virginia, a dedicated, trustworthy, and experienced nanny, cook, housekeeper, and more. As a professional with over a decade of experience, I offer a wide range of services, including cooking, assisting with homework, walk dog and/or pet care, family laundry, and organizing and planning events. Hailing from the Philippines, I am fluent in English and well-versed in professional work ethics and standards.
I have an educational background in Early Childhood Education and hold a Food Sanitation and Hygiene Certificate. I have spent over 10 years as a cook in an esteemed retirement facility and two government-accredited daycare centers where I worked directly with kids of all ages. Furthermore, with more than 17 years of housekeeping experience, cleanliness and order come naturally to me.
Being a mother myself, I am comfortable looking after children of all ages, from newborns to older kids and can efficiently manage up to three children. I am content to work with children with disabilities, adhere to any special dietary rules, iron children's clothes, and help with their baths and dressing. I intend to provide a nurturing, safe, and stimulating environment to enhance child development.
I am available to start immediately and have a flexible schedule that spans Monday to Friday, during the morning, mid-day, and evening. Currently based in Edmonton, I am open to both full-time and part-time positions and prefer a live-out situation. I am a Canadian citizen, non-smoker, and have my police check with the vulnerable sector search completed on FEB 21 /2024.
Whether you need a nanny, mother's helper, babysitter, ECE, or household manager, you can rely on me for professional and quality service. I am enthusiastic about forging long-term working associations and look forward to meeting you. Thank you.
I have almost 4 YEARS experience as a DAYCARE COOK (solo cook; 'one-man' team kitchen) and at the same time SUPPORT STAFF performing the following childcare- related tasks:
>> (COOK ROLE):
• Plan menus based on the CANADA FOOD GUIDE and also prepare the
weekly GROCERY LIST and required quantities
• Prepare meals and snacks according to menus; portion; wrap; set-up and
• Ensure safe food storage and disposal: follow “First In, First Out” food rotation method
• Pay close attention to food allergies/sensitivities and daily dietary
requirements in the preparation and serving of meals and snacks
• Deliver carts with the menus to the rooms in a timely fashion and also pick
them up for dishwashing
• Clean and sanitize kitchen daily (i. e., dishes, work surfaces, appliances and
• Clean and sanitize cupboards, storage areas, freezers and refrigerators
• Organize the kitchen, storage and laundry/staff room areas
• Wash, dry, fold linens and maintain a steady supply for the daycare rooms
and the kitchen
• Perform daily kitchen safety checklist
>> (SUPPORT STAFF ROLE directly working with BABIES/TODDLERS/
• Povide room support to staff's routines during lunch, coffee breaks and as
the need arises
• Observe, assist and supervise kids during play, meals, bathroom breaks and
other activities (indoor and outdoor)
• Report progress or observations to supervisors esp. those that need
• Nap-time support; tend to the emotional needs of the kids
• Interact with kids; read, play and do crafts with them
• Respect, support and guide child’s quest for independence to do age-
appropriate tasks on his own and at same time promote self-esteem
• Diapering and toilet-training; proper hand-washing and other healthy
• Prepare craft materials/props
• Check walkway and playground safety daily
• Conduct monthly fire drill
Moreover, I myself have exemplary childcare experience taking care of my very own hyper-allergenic son (i.e., life-threatening food allergies to PEANUTS/NUTS; SEAFOOD; EGGS and BERRIES, plus environmental sensitivites to PETS) who has been equipped with emergency auto-injector medication, EPI-PEN, since childhood. He is twenty-six (26) years old now and owing to my being extra-cautious with his food and surroundings ever since, we have not encountered any allegy incidents that would necessitate the use of EPI-PEN. That is such a bold and phenomenal manifestation of my caregiving/safeguarding prowess to date.
I take initiative and always give my best efforts on tasks entrusted to me. I am also good in planning, organizing and executing tasks that call for my childcare education and culinary backgrounds.
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION (Level 1), Alberta Children and Youth Services, Edmonton, AB 2012
FOOD SANITATION and HYGIENE CERTIFICATE (Food Safety Course ), Alberta Health Services, Edmonton, AB 2011
UNIVERSITY GRADUATE (PHILIPPINES).