We are a fun, active family seeking a nanny who loves spending time with children and is energetic, reliable and safety-focused for our 2.5-year-old twin boys in East York(Victoria Park/St. Clair) starting immediately. Our ideal candidate has previous experience looking after multiple young children, enjoys spending lots of time outdoors in all seasons, and is able to plan activities such as arts, crafts and baking to keep our boys engaged and learning. They also must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident who is legally able to work in Canada. Standard First Aid and CPR are preferred, along with someone who has been triple vaccinated for Covid-19.
We are looking for someone with a flexible schedule who can work 34hrs most weeks, and stay up to 40-50hrs the very odd week depending on dad’s fluctuating work schedule. The most common hours are 8am-4:30pm four days a week, but some days can start as early as 6:30am and end as late as 7:45pm. Availability on weekends would be a benefit as well.
It will be common for dad to be home, occasionally engaging with the children alongside the nanny on some days, while others he will be out of the house. On some evenings when Dad is working, it will be common for the nanny to stay until 7:45pm to help Mom get the boys in bed due to the extreme fatigue she experiences from a medical condition.
* Loves playing with and teaching children
* Early Childhood Education
* Standard First Aid and CPR preferred
* Covid vaccine preferred
* Providing supervision and companionship for the boys
* Daily trips to nearby parks
* Playing in the backyard
* Planning activities such as arts and crafts, baking etc.
* Taking boys to city-run activities (when safe)
* Preparing and feeding children’s snacks and meals
* Changing diapers
* Tidying up children’s dishes and toys
Secondary Responsibilities (when kids are napping):
* Doing kids laundry
* Loading/unloading dishwasher
* Cleaning the kitchen
* Vacuuming and washing floors
* Preparing the family’s dinner approximately twice a week using provided recipes
* Cooking/baking children’s snacks and meals using provided recipes
We look forward to hearing from you!