An organized, experienced and warm family assistant/house manager is need for a busy family of 5 in the Rosedale neighbourhood. This family is looking for an experienced family assistant/house manager to help keep their household running smoothly and in an organized manner. The family has a full-time, long term nanny who works until 6pm each day who is in charge of the children and their meals. The children are 12, 10 and 6 years old. Their youngest child is non-verbal with autism. Someone with experience working with children with autism is an asset but not a requirement. The family has a dog in the home.
Location: Mount Pleasant and Rosedale Valley Rd (Close to Sherborne or Rosedale stations)
Children's age: 12, 10 and 6 years
Start Date: As soon as the right fit is found
Contract length: Long term. 1 year to start
Schedule: Monday to Thursday- 3:30-8pm. An additional 2 hours per day of administrative work that can be done at home
Hourly Rate: $30-$40/hour gross
- Provide attentive and responsible care for child in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Manage the family’s schedule, ensuring that everyone knows where they need to be and when
- Register the children for activities and camps. Ensuring activities are paid for on time
- Occasionally transport the children to and from after school activities and appointments
- Research, hire, schedule and oversee household trades people on an as needed basis
- Grocery shop for the family and keep track of the household supplies and ensure a fully stocked home and pantry.
- Ordering items for the children including clothes, school supplies, gifts etc
- Booking appointments for the family dog and taking them to appointments. Occasional dog walking
- Vehicle maintenance, booking and dropping off cars, filling them with gas and car washes
- Errands such as conducting returns, picking up items for the family etc
- Some executive assistant-type administrative tasks related to both home and the mothers work (preparing expense submissions, booking flights, and accommodations etc)
- Assisting children with homework when needed
- Act as a role model for the children. Offering them loving, consistent support and friendship
- Other duties upon request
- Maintain open and clear communication with parents
- 3+ years of house manager/family assistant experience
- 5+ years of experience working in a private home in a similar role
- 5+ years of experience working with children
- Experience working with children with autism an asset
- Experience offer tutoring or homework support
- Ability to provide a safe and secure environment for children.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively interact with both children and parents
- Ability to work in a team along side other household staff
- Strong organizational skills to manage family calendars, daily routines and schedules.
- Patience, creativity, and a positive attitude when engaging with children.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities effectively.
- Drivers licence required a car an asset but not a must have.
- First Aid/CPR required or willing to renew
- Police clearance required or willing to renew
- 3 house manager/family assistant/nanny references required
If you are passionate about working with and supporting busy families and working with children, we would love to hear from you. Please apply with your house manager/nanny/family assistant resume and references